PLEASE NOTE: During the pandemic, all our work is conducted remotely, i.e. via telephone, email, and Zoom. Some of the usual activities, particularly those related to classrooms, are temporarily suspended and replaced by a number of new processes.
The details below describe our operations pre-Pandemic. We hope to return to this way of working as soon as we are allowed.
The focus and direction for LLIR, including the programming of courses, are set by a Board of Directors. This working board is made up of 14-18 members of LLIR and meets on a monthly basis between September and May.
We are looking for new board members to be elected at our AGM in March 2021. We have a particular interest in any applicants with experience and an aptitude for website management, as well as those with skills that relate to program, finance, registration, law and member relations. Experience as a board member or volunteer with another not-for-profit organization is an asset.
Pre-requisite: You must have joined LLIR in 2019 or earlier
- Join for a three-year term on the board, with the potential to serve a second three-year term
- Attend most board meetings, normally held on the first Tuesday morning of each month between September and May
- Join at least one committee of the board in your first year and be prepared to chair a committee in subsequent years
- Act as a Course Co-chair with an experienced director in fall or winter in your first year and as Course Chair in subsequent years
- Attend morning and afternoon classes during the fall and winter terms and be prepared to lend assistance to ensure the smooth running of classes
- Working with a passionate and dynamic group of people to help shape the future of LLIR
- TTC or parking costs for meetings and Friday classes are reimbursed
- Professional Development workshops
How to apply:
Send an email to email@example.com and feel free to attach a resume.
Please include the following information:
- How long have you been a member of LLIR?
- What experience do you have with not-for-profit boards?
- Why are you interested in joining the board at this time?
- Do you have specific skills or professional experience you would like to contribute?
Members of our Nominating Committee will meet with interested members during the fall and early winter.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to speaking with you!
The Nominating Committee
- Christine Pearce (Chair, Nominating Committee and Past President)
- Barbara Buchanan (Vice President and Chair, Volunteer Committee)
- Doug Ball (Board member and Chair, Strategic Planning)
- Ruth Compton Brower (retired Board Member and former Chair, Program Committee)