The focus and direction for LLIR, including the programming of courses, is set by a Board of Directors. This working board is made up of 14-18 members of LLIR and meets on a monthly basis between September and May.
We are currently looking for new board members to be voted in at our AGM on March 13, 2020. We have a particular interest in any applicants with an interest and aptitude for communications and website management, as well as those with skills that relate to finance, registration, program and member relations. Experience as a board member or volunteer with another not-for-profit organization is an asset.
Pre-requisite: You must have joined LLIR in 2018 or earlier
- Join for a three-year term on the board, with the potential to serve a second three-year term
- Attend most board meetings, normally held on the first Tuesday morning of each month between September and May
- Join at least one committee of the board in your first year and be prepared to chair a committee in subsequent years
- Act as a Co-chair with an experienced director in fall or winter in your first year and as Chair in subsequent years
- Attend morning and afternoon classes during the fall and winter terms and be prepared to lend assistance to ensure the smooth running of classes
- Working with a passionate and dynamic group of people to help shape the future of LLIR
- TTC or parking costs for Friday classes and meetings are reimbursed
- Professional Development workshops
How to apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and feel free to attach a resume.
Please include the following information:
- How long have you been a member of LLIR?
- What experience do you have with not-for-profit boards?
- Why are you interested in joining the board at this time?
- Do you have specific skills or professional experience you would like to contribute?
Members of our Nominating Committee will meet with interested members during the first weeks of February.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to speaking with you!
The Nominating Committee
- Gary Schlee (Committee Chair & LLIR Past President)
- Diane Johns (LLIR Vice-President)
- Barbara Buchanan (Volunteer Committee Chair)
- Naomi St. John (LLIR Past-President & Program Committee member)