COVID has kept most of us confined to our family bubbles for way too long. Today we offer an opportunity for you to safely interact with people outside your bubble while making a difference for your fellow members at LLIR.
LLIR is looking for new board members to be elected at our AGM in March 2023.
12 things you should know about being a part of the LLIR Board of Directors
- We’re a passionate and dynamic group of volunteers dedicated to shaping the future of LLIR.
- There are 14 to 18 members on the team.
- We meet monthly from September to May, usually on the first Tuesday morning of the month.
- If you are the sort of person who has volunteered for various organizations in the past, LLIR is another opportunity to give back to the community.
- You need to have joined LLIR in 2020 or earlier.
- New Board members join for a three-year term, with the potential to serve a second three-year term.
- You will likely join at least one committee of the Board in your first year and chair a committee in subsequent years.
- When we’re back in the classroom, in your first year on the Board, you would serve as a Course Co-chair with an experienced director in the fall or winter term and as a Course Chair in subsequent years.
- You are expected to attend morning and afternoon classes during the fall and winter terms at Glendon and be prepared to lend assistance to ensure the smooth running of classes.
- LLIR will reimburse you for TTC or parking costs for meetings and Friday classes once we’re joyfully back at Glendon.
- Professional Development workshops are offered to Board members.
- We’re offering you an opportunity to expand your skills and your network of friends – who said you were retired!!
- (a baker’s dozen) As we deal with the pandemic, all our work is conducted remotely – on the telephone, by email and on Zoom. We earnestly hope to return to the classroom and the boardroom as soon as possible.
Note: more information is available at LLIR Board and Committees.
How to apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and feel free to attach a resume.
Please include the following information:
- How long have you been a member of LLIR?
- What experience do you have with not-for-profit boards?
- Any specific skills or professional experience you would like to contribute?
Members of our Nominating Committee will meet with interested members during the fall and early winter.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to speaking with you!
The Nominating Committee
- Barbara Buchanan (Chair, Nominating Committee and Past President)
- Alan Flint (Vice President)
- Jan Schlee (Board member and Volunteers Chair)